Monitor Caregiver Activities | Insurance Investigations
Monitor Caregiver Activities
When you are in a position where you can no longer take care of a loved one, hiring a caregiver is the most logical solution. Choosing the right caregiver is key to ensuring the health and safety of the person they will be taking care of and the property they will be performing their work in. We can help you accurately assess the whole situation, from the hiring process to the workweek.
Assessing Professionalism Pre-Hire
To determine whether an applicant is qualified to take care of your loved one, we may perform a variety of services. Mainly:
- A Background Check. Through this, we can reveal if this person has a criminal history or anything else important an employer may need to know from their past.
- Interviews or Interrogations. Our investigators are trained in behaviour analysis and may conduct a pre-employment interview. Additionally, caregivers suspected of abuse may be interrogated.
- A Credentials Check. An investigator will check that all degrees, diplomas, or other certifications required for the position and included in their resume are truthful.
- Their Employment History. Previous employers can tell a lot about a potential caregiver. This can help us spot any red flags or previous infractions.
- Their Character References. In addition to all the above, we can utilize and interview character references for the caregiver.
Monitoring Activities Through Surveillance
If a caregiver is suspected of mistreating their patient, we can conduct thorough surveillance to provide legally admissible evidence for:
- Specialized Equipment Use Verification
- Monitoring Proper Care
- Physical abuse
- Suspicious Injuries
Surveillance can be performed through mobile means, such as a vehicle chase, foot-pursuit, static surveillance, and more. Advancements in technology even allow us to stay covert while conducting long-range surveillance.
SOCIAL MEDIA MONITORING:
Social media allows people to express themselves, often uninhibited. This can be a revealing source as to their “true colours.” In a caregiver monitoring case, we may scan the caregiver’s social media for previous incidents or any red flags such as:
- Inappropriate or Abusive Comments
- Insensitive Communication and Interactions
- Harmful or Violent Uploads and Content
- Substance Abuse
- Crimes of Opportunity
- Preying on Vulnerable Population
In some cases, we may even be able to retrieve information and content that was intentionally deleted. Whatever information we do collect will adhere to local regulations to ensure that all evidence is admissible for your case.
When your loved one is being taken care of by someone else, you want to know that the caregiver is performing their job properly and with compassion. We can help you find out what’s really going on. Contact us today to get started.